SELECT TEACHING PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Commitment to Students and Learning
- Plan and deliver lessons that challenge students without overwhelming them.
- Teach students strategies for exerting effective effort, e.g. time management, study skills, knowledge, reflective learning and use of resources including teacher, family, and peers.
- Adapt research and other information on students’ developmental stages and how students think and use a variety of instructional strategies when students do not master learning objectives.
Knowledge of Subject Matter and How to Teach to Students Needs
- Plan instruction in specific thinking skills and learning experiences that require student use of those skills.
- Anticipate student misconceptions, difficulties, and confusion and adjusts instruction accordingly.
- Model and teach a variety of organizational strategies to link ideas and develop understanding.
- Identify the appropriate criteria for students’ demonstration of understanding of curricular objectives and communicate them explicitly.
- Integrate a variety of technology tools and applications into instructional design and implementation.
Establishment of Expectations to Enhance the Learning Environment
- Create a classroom atmosphere that fosters students using each other as sources of knowledge, listening to, and showing respect for others’ contributions.
- Encourage all students to participate in class discussions and to take risks in the learning process.
- Maximize engaged student learning time by appropriately pacing lessons, making seamless transitions, having materials ready and organized, etc.
Assessment, Analysis, and Adaption of Student Data
- Use assessment data to ensure that every student is progressing toward state, local, and school system standards.
- Adjust assessments to meet the needs of students with differing learning styles or special needs.
- Adapt instruction based on assessment information; re-teaches using different strategies when assessment indicates lack of mastery.
Commitment to Continuous Improvement and Professional Development
- Participate in workshops, conferences, activities sponsored by professional organizations.
- Review current research; uses current research as a foundation for planning instructional content and delivery.
- Share materials and experiences with colleagues; plans, evaluates and reflects with colleagues on lessons.